+ Traffic to your Site!

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Be the bully or be bullied!

The other day while I was playing with my son I noticed he had a bruise on his forearm. It looked like a small circle, almost like a small bite mark. He doesn’t have any friends yet and he doesn’t see his cousins on a regular basis. So my first thought was he bit himself. But after looking at it cautiously I noticed that the bite mark was made from another small child (the bruise was on the outside of his forearm.) Although I didn’t see anyone bite him, I have a hunch on who it was and I’m almost sure it was one of his cousins. On Christmas day he was receiving gifts from my family and one particular cousin wanted to use his gifts. So I say “share your toys; lend it to her we’ll play with it later” (mind you, my son is 1 year and 1 month old he doesn’t understand this concept but I’m trying to teach him the concept). So I tell his cousin, “ok, he lent you his toy but lend him yours” and she snatched her toy away. Her mother obviously yells at her and tells her to share but the little girl has such an attitude she doesn’t listen. I’m guessing the sometime during the day she bit him, possibly because of a toy. Now I’m not saying it’s what happened but I’m almost sure of it!

Now, what is a parent supposed to teach their children. I mean I don’t want my son to be a bully but I certainly don’t want him to get bit and get bullied! I’ve never fought and never instigated anyone. But if I ever get hit you can be sure I’m not going to get hit again! For those parents who have experience in this, I would like to hear your opinion!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

UGH! I used to go through this with Sophia and her cousin... I just slowly seperated her from him so that she wouldn't be knocked out by him anymore :)