+ Traffic to your Site!

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Only friends? Is it possible?

Many people thing that having a male friend is a big no-no being that I'm a married woman. But I think that having male friends can actually help me keep my sanity as long as I maintain certain boundaries. There are times when my head as a woman starts to go crazy and think all kinds of things, (ie: a jealous rage) and thanks to my guy friend I'm able to rethink the situation and realize that I'm not seeing another point-of-view. There are times when us, women, see things differently than what they really are. So my guy friends help me out whenever I have certain doubts or insecurities regarding my relationship and other aspects of my life. My friends respect me and my husband. But more importantly I respect my husband and myself.
There are certain things that I don't find appropriate. For instance, drinking with my male buddy ALONE; being ALONE for a long time; going out at night ALONE. It's not that I don't trust him or me, it's simply that being alone with a person from the opposite sex and putting yourself in certain positions can "tempt" you into doing something more. You may get an "urge" and it can go further than intended.
So just keep it simple........and everything will be fine!

No comments: